Should women have the right for abortion if serious handicaps are detected in their unborn children?
The recent movement that “Black Lives Matter” can move one to question that, well, do not all lives matter. It is bemusing that left wing liberals go to extremes to champion animal rights, but when it comes to the lives of babies in the womb not only are they adamant about killing them through that vulgar process of abortion, but they protest in favor of that and the picking apart of fetuses for what they justify is in the name of science. “The fetus is more visible than ever before and the abortion-rights movement needs to accept its existence and its value” (Kissling, 2011).
Recently an undercover plot by pro-life folk was performed wherein the operators of mutilating fetuses was heralded by those doctors and assistants of whom these guerrillas with hidden cameras busted. As the elitist killers ate their lunch the camera caught them laughing about slicing up a fetus for parts where said fetus still had a heartbeat, and even one of the women in charge of such hoped the lucrative trend would continue so she could, “Buy a Lamborghini.”
So, brass tax, should parents with a handicap fetus kill the baby? No. God ordained that baby to be born, to be loved, and to make a difference in someone’s life. How can a murder produce happiness? How can the murder of a handicap child provide happiness for a couple’s lifetime, for would they not pine away thinking of what joy they might have experienced caring for this special one had they not aborted it?
Autism is rampant. The cause for them is prevalent, the awareness and fund raising is paramount. All of these special children are adored and get much attention, but what if they were murdered by the thousands in the womb because they are handicapped? Is it biologically plausible that prior maternal induced abortions elevate a newborn baby’s autism risk? In a word, yes. This is because of two mechanisms and raised parental age at delivery. Every product of procreation has potential. If we kill them off one-by-one how much better are we than Hitler killing millions of Jews, or Saddam Hussein raping and killing hundreds of thousands of his own people? The handicapped are a very special and peculiar and beautiful group of people. How dare we kill them before they have had a chance to reach their potential? After all, who gave us permission to murder the less fortunate? We are no better than those who propose eugenics or criminals that simply murder blatantly.
Admittedly this is a difficult subject to broach, but if only the good die young potential will be cut short before fruition. Abortion is genocide. Abortion of the handicap is target practice for unethical so called “doctors” like shooting fish in a barrel. The only hope these babies have is their guardians’ decision to let them live. Then there are those mothers who forego abortion in hopes of having a perfect kid, as is evidenced by Kanner that a “mother’s fleeting thought of an induced abortion was counteracted by the firm determination to rear ‘a perfect baby” (1949).
Be it afflicted or the perfect specimen, life is life. With this truth who could end it without the permission of the one being killed, for do they not have a say about their own lives?
Handicapped or perfect, everyone deserves the right to live where they get to choose their own path, but if that opportunity is nipped in the bud by abortion how will we ever know their potential? Some food for thought, Albert Einstein’s mother almost had an abortion. Handicapped or not, we should, as humans, be allowed to have a chance at life. Lastly, there is this bumper sticker that says, “Aren’t you glad your mother was pro-life?” Now the choice is yours.
Kanner, L., (1949). Problems of Nosology and Psychodynamics of Early Infantile Autism. American Journal of Orthopsychiatry, 19:416-26.
Kissling, F., (2011). Abortion rights are under attack, and pro-choice advocates are caught in a time warp. Washington Post. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp- dyn/content/article/2011/02/18/AR2011021802434.html
The argumentative essay example you’ve recently read was written by one of our writers. We have dozens of similar papers published on our site to help you in your studies. Enjoy reading our blog while we will take care about your academic papers. How to get assistance from us? Place an order specifying your requirements and wait for the promised delivery. No matter how tight your deadline and topic will be, our writers will cope with them!
In the modern world, the debate on whether abortion should be legalized has dominated discussions for years. While some people see abortion as murder, others believe that abortion should be allowed in the case of ‘unwanted’ pregnancy. This is when the pregnancy was not planned, and the mother is either not ready to have a child, or the birth of the child may pose a danger to the mother and the child. When one participates in this debate constructively, you need to prepare a well-structured essay that demystifies the issues surrounding the abortion issue. Such an essay can be an important tool that people can use to support, or oppose, the issue of legalizing abortion.
A 5-paragraph argumentative essay on abortion should include the following five points:
- The first paragraph should introduce the debate and the contested issues concerning abortion. For instance, the writer should explain who supports legalization of abortion, and who does not. The writer should also give the reasons why people have these differing opinions.
- The second paragraph should explore one side of the debate. For instance, the writer can explore whether abortion should be legalized and whether such action of legalization of abortion will be a violation of human rights, ethics, laws governing the society, and the rights of any specific member of a group of the society.
- The third paragraph should explore the other side of the debate. In this case, the writer should explain why legalization of abortion is vital and the conditions under which it should be allowed. The writer can explain what the repercussions would be if the state does not legalize the issue of abortion and what society stands to lose by having a blanket ban on abortion.
- The fourth paragraph should explore the validity of the arguments that both sides provide. The literature on the issues that the writer raises in support of the issue of abortion and its legalization should be discussed. The writer can use legal arguments as part of its presentation, or, religious arguments to credit or discredit the arguments of both sides of the debate.
- The fifth paragraph should present the facts that emerged in the previously written paragraphs. Since the fifth paragraph is the concluding paragraph, the writer can give his/her personal opinion based on the facts presented.
Why not to try our professional essay writing service designed to help students with writing college essays. Get a custom paper on Abortion now!
0.00 avg. rating (0% score) - 0 votes
Back to blogFeb 21, 2014
Filed under: Essay Help — Tags: 5 paragraph essay on abortion, abortion essays, argumentative essay on abortion — Joan Young @ 8:56 am