Electrician Cover Letter
Electricians perform electrical work in a variety of locations or create appliances in factories. Electrician job duties vary largely, based on their workplace, and may include: installing and maintaining wiring, cleaning circuit boards, replacing old wiring, oiling equipment, troubleshooting electrical systems, testing electrical equipment, and constantly updating their job knowledge. At the same time, Electricians need to make sure their work meets the regulations of the National Electrical Code.
A sample cover letter for Electrician should emphasize the following qualifications:
- Electricity expertise
- The ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Precision and dexterity
- Attention to safety
- Being able to work at heights or in confined places
- Customer service orientation
- Good math skills
- Analytical thinking
- Computer competences
Below is provided a sample cover letter for Electrician showcasing similar assets.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Electrician Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Lopez:
With regards to your search for an experienced Electrician at Soundhouse, Inc., I am pleased to submit the enclosed resume for your review. As a skilled and detail-oriented electrician with a contract-based background in servicing, repairing, modifying, and maintaining electrical equipment, I would be a valuable asset to your company in this position.
My experience lies in installing, inspecting, and repairing electrical circuits, equipment, and devices to ensure full operational readiness. With a solid commitment to ensuring first-rate system functionality, I also excel at planning efficient schedules and routes to maximize productivity.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualifications for this position:
- Diagnosing and re-establishing electrical equipment to preserve system integrity; performing comprehensive preventative maintenance on electrical equipment and devices.
- Experience in safety compliance and assessment, collaborative meetings, and detailed documentation.
- Proven ability to excel in both independent and team-oriented roles while ensuring top-level professionalism and dedication to project success.
- Demonstration of outstanding communication, time management, and organization skills.
With my experience in a full range of electrical system support and service, I am well prepared to extend my record of service to your team at Soundhouse. I welcome the opportunity to discuss this position and my qualifications with you further. Thank you for your consideration.
Ralph M. Carpenter
Sample resume for a journeyman electrician
This sample shows how you can wire your resume to help you land your next job as a journeyman electrician. Check it out now.
Journeyman Electrician Resume Sample
Journeyman Electrician resume template
Sometown, CA 90307 | (555) 555-5555 | email@example.com
Certified Journeyman Electrician with commercial and residential experience focused on quality, safety and customer satisfaction. Adept in performing electrical installations, maintenance and repairs in homes and plant facilities; knowledgeable in all areas of the national electrical code; and excel at analyzing and solving problems with various electrical controls and systems.
ABC ELECTRICS, Sometown, CA
Journeyman Electrician, 2012 to Present
Retained by electrical contractor to serve as an electrician on “green” projects. Install new or upgrade existing systems and equipment at manufacturing plants to achieve energy-conservation goals.
- Installed, maintained, repaired and tested equipment for the generation and utilization of electric energy for diverse-industry clients.
- Implemented energy-efficient solutions that saved clients hundreds of thousands of dollars annually.
- Developed expertise in communication systems cabling, circuitry and wiring through projects for public utility companies.
- Cultivated excellent relationships with clients that led to a strong base of referral business.
XYZ CONSTRUCTION, Sometown, CA
HOMEBUILDER GROUP, Sometown, CA
Journeyman Electrician, 2008 to 2012
Apprentice Electrician, 2008
Performed electrical-related wiring and installation for commercial and residential construction projects, including new construction, retrofits, remodels and plant expansions.
- Served as journeyman electrician or apprentice on more than 75 new home construction projects as well as dozens of major commercial projects.
- Earned a reputation for expertise in complex troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Mastered the use of instruments such as ammeters, ohmmeters, voltmeters and testing lamps.
- Commended for team-player mindset and ability to work with minimal supervision under tight deadlines.
Education & Licenses
California General Journeyman Electrician License
California Electrical Contractor License (C-10)
High School Diploma, sometown High School