Finance Analyst Cover Letter
Finance Analysts work for large enterprises and use their knowledge of economics, math, statistics, and accountancy to recommend actions. Successful resume samples for Finance Analyst make display of the following activities: tracking expenses, performing cost analysis, implementing company procedures and policies, maintaining databases, using accounting software, and helping senior management make informed decisions.
Based on our collection of cover letter samples for Finance Analyst, the most important skills for this job are:
- Corporate finance expertise
- Process improvement and problem-solving orientation
- Analytical thinking
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of relevant software
- Business acumen and commercial awareness
- Decision-making abilities
- Excellent numeracy skills
Below is provided an example cover letter showcasing similar Finance Analyst qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Finance Analyst Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Berry:
Upon review of your posting for a Finance Analyst at Dot Services, I am submitting my resume for your review. With my comprehensive experience analyzing corporate finances, managing detailed financial assessments and projects, and generating detailed reports, I feel confident that I can significantly benefit your company.
From analyzing financial systems / performances and generating detailed reports to developing intricate models and presenting findings to senior management teams, my background has prepared me to excel in this role. With proven success in managing special projects and monitoring financial metrics, my additional strengths in relationship management and team leadership position me to thrive in this challenging position.
Highlights of my background include:
- Obtaining a financially focused MBA degree and attaining comprehensive knowledge in financial planning, investment strategies, and market research and analysis.
- Developing and establishing complex project and financial analyses, financial models, and detailed reports and assessments.
- Demonstrating first-rate proficiency in risk analysis, expenditure assessments, data analysis, in-depth research, and overall corporate financial direction.
- Utilizing technical, organizational, interpersonal, and motivational skills to generate peak results and top performance levels.
With my experience in financial business analysis, project management, and financial reporting, along with my proven commitment to achieving accurate and timely results, I believe I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Karen T. Absher
Financial Analyst Cover Letter
A well-crafted cover letter can be a powerful job search tool. Your Financial Analyst cover letter should be brief and highlight some of your skills, experiences and accomplishments that are most relevant to the job. Check out the Financial Analyst cover letter sample below for a bit of inspiration.
Also, be sure to check out our extensive Financial Analyst resume samples. Want more info about what it’s like to be a Financial Analyst? Be sure to take a look at our Financial Analyst job description.
Dear Mr. Anthony Morrow:
I am applying for the Financial Analyst position based in San Francisco, CA. Currently I am a Financial Analyst for Textron and have been in this role for 3 years. In this role I support the finance and senior leadership team of a $1.2B commercial helicopter development program by providing heavy analytical support. Some examples of the financial analysis I provide include annual operating budgeting, monthly cash & profitability forecasts, inventory analysis and adhoc reporting.
I enjoy solving complex business issues, and in my current role developed a standardized cost forecasting model which helped our team reduce report preparation time by 80%. I was also able to reduce recurring component costs by 8% after analyzing existing supplier contracts and collaborating with the account team to implement new negotiation strategies.
My qualifications include:
- Bachelors in Finance
- 3 years of experience in forecasting, budgeting, and monthly close activities
- Experience with SAP
- Proven track record of improving existing financial models and processes
I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you about how I would be a great addition to your team.