What happened after Brandin Cooks took a massive blow during Super Bowl LII helps explain why NFL's concussion crisis isn't killing the sport's popularity.
Concussions in football and other contact sports correlate with severe, long-term brain damage — but science shows it doesn't have to be that way.
As students return to school and prepare to join sports teams, here's what they and their parents need to know about concussions.
A recent study that showed that 110 of 111 brains of deceased NFL players had a serious brain disease raised concerns once again about concussions. But there's a lot we still need to know.
A study of the brains of 111 NFL players after their deaths showed that 110 had degenerative brain disease. Here are some expert analyses of what can be done to stop brain injury from sports.
Survivors of traumatic brain injuries might have behavioural issues or have problems holding down a job for years after a blow to the head or a bad fall.
Injuries to the throwing arm of young baseball players have been increasing for years. Studies that assess pitch count are helping, but there are also actions that parents and coaches can take.
Artificial turf has become popular for kids' sports as well as for professional players. The little black crumbs that help support the blades of fake grass may not be so harmless.
Parents play a vital role in managing concussions when their children play rugby.
The Super Bowl is a good time to party and celebrate, but it's also a good time to reflect on where we stand culturally with concussions.
As many as half a million concussions in youth go unreported each year. Finding a way to measure whether a hit has occurred on the field is an important way to address these injuries.
With summer camps in session and kids riding bikes and being active, it's important to know the signs of concussions; as many as 65 percent go unreported. Here are some things you need to know.
The evidence that football leads to brain injury is mounting, but there are two big reasons why it's not likely to change anytime soon.
When pro football players like Chris Borland quit, it should send a strong message to parents. But there are a host of issues, besides health, to consider.
A perfect storm of personalities, demand and money has created unprecedented hype. How should the media respond?
Return-to-learn plans can help students get back to school work without setting back their concussion recovery.
The death of a 23-year-old boxer has prompted a call by the Queensland branch of the Australian Medical Association for the sport to be banned in Australia.
The Six Nations tournament has put the sport's handling of head injuries into an uncomfortable spotlight.
The cascade of woes that have befallen former NFL players has stunned fans and casual observers. Former NFL stars Junior Seau and Dave Duerson committed suicide. All-pro Warren Sapp went bankrupt after…
The sports media has a fascination with concussions. Not only is there a huge volume of stories about the issue, but there’s also an urgency to the tone of the reporting. The heightened coverage has served…
Sports related research paper topics are connected with a many-sided field of activities. Sporting activities have existed for several millenniums. Throughout the history of civilization, people had to struggle for survival. During hunting and war, a person had to have good physical strength and agility in order to survive. With development of civilizations, ritual competitions served as honor to gods.
The modern meaning of the sport was defined at the end of the 19th century. Its appearance is associated with the rapid development of urban culture. The origins of the modern sport lie not in the needs of physical perfection or a form of holiday, but in the new possibilities of leisure: if athletes of antiquity were approaching the gods with their perfection, the sport of the new age was born due to boredom and passion.
Today sports serve as an instrument for many social and cultural problems. It is a powerful industry, including a special system for the production of achievements. In addition to athletes and coaches, managers, sports physicians, psychologists, and research workers are involved in it.
In this article we have gathered the most topical and interesting sports research paper topics that you can use for your own research paper. As you can see there are lots of topics that can be related to sports research papers, so you can choose the direction and create your own paper on a narrowed topic. For example, you can use the research paper topics on sports related to management and narrow it down to “management software for managing a soccer team.”
We have picked such directions as sports medicine, sports injury, sports theory, nutrition, doping, tennis, cricket, soccer, and other sports psychology research paper topics. Lets check them out!
Sports Medicine Research Paper Topics
- Chronobiological features of respiratory functions in highly qualified athletes.
- The influence of fitness yoga classes on the physical condition of women in a period of menopause
- Describe what influence the absence of sports and obesity have on health.
- Describe similarities and differences between methods of assessment of heart rates.
- Analyze causes that have led to deaths through the history of the Olympic Games.
- The effect of Ayurvedic drugs in the practice of sports medicine.
- Analysis of the functional state of adolescents engaged by professional sports.
- Positive and negative effects of caffeine on athletic performance.
- Influence of sport activities on functional activity of neutrophils.
- Effects of practicing sports among people with various heart diseases.
Sports Injury Research Paper Topics
- Types of injuries in weightlifting, powerlifting, and bodybuilding.
- Compare the sport traumas among preschoolers and teenagers.
- Effectiveness of elastic therapeutic tape with a shoulder trauma.
- Localization, mechanism, and treatment of traumas in the rowing slalom.
- Specificity of treatment of sports injuries in children and adolescents.
- Diagnostic and rehabilitation after anterior cruciate ligament injury.
- Statistics of injuries in volleyball and ways of its prevention.
- Technologies in the physical rehabilitation of athletes with vertebral-spinal injuries.
- Types, localization, and mechanism of trauma among young female gymnasts.
- Protective sports mouthguards and features of oral dental pathology in sportsmen of various sports.
Sports Psychology Research Paper Topics
- The use of neuro-linguistic programming in increasing results in sports.
- Aggression in sports and comparative analysis of its expression among qualified wrestlers.
- Psychological and physiological aspects of doping in sports.
- Volitional regulation and motivation of young athletes in artistic gymnastics.
- Psychological characteristics of concentration and attention among sportsmen in shooting sports.
- Peculiarities and methods of psychological recovery of athletes after trauma.
- Style of child-rearing in families of professional athletes.
- Women’s psychology: Needs and emotions in women’s sports.
- Peculiarities of the psychological preparation of women’s pair in acrobatic gymnastics.
- Modern problems of gender studies in sport psychology.
Sports Theory Research Paper Topics
- Comparative analysis of anthropometry of sportsmen in martial arts and athletics.
- Compare the sensitive periods of coordination among young girls in rhythmic gymnastics.
- Compare and contrast short interval and long interval training.
- Unique approaches in creating training programs for runner-athletes.
- Peculiarities of training programs for children’s fitness.
- Why do scientists and coaches need to work together?
- Biomechanics of muscles in the cycle of Nordic walking.
- Comparative analysis of effectiveness of stretching on performance of the high jump.
- Sociological approach in formation of sports leaders.
- Cultural identity and features of sport culture in Korea, Japan, and China.
Sports Nutrition Research Paper Topics
- Effects of specialized biologically active and nutritional supplements in sports nutrition.
- Use of curd whey in the sports nutrition industry.
- Role of microelements in sports nutrition and safety of metal chelates.
- Methods of creating individualized diets for athletes.
- Organization of sports nutrition in fitness centers and sports clubs.
- Nutrient support of athletes during training, competition, and recovery periods.
- The effects of isotonic drinks for rehydration at high physical exertion.
- Methods of drawing up a balanced diet for weightlifters.
- Development of effective functional sports nutrition for martial artists.
- Particular qualities of nutritional support for young athletes.
Sports Doping Research Paper Topics
- Methods of detection of anabolic steroids as doping in sports.
- Risk factors for cardiovascular disease of various kinds of doping.
- Doping and its influence on the health of professional cyclists.
- The problem of parents that push young athletes to receive doping.
- Autotransfusion and its effects on the body of athletes in sports.
- Influence of steroids on memory and brain functions.
- Arterial thrombosis as a consequence of steroids.
- Types of tests used for doping control.
- Interconnection of doping of physical and cognitive functions
- Analysis of main concepts of the World Anti-Doping Code.
Tennis Research Paper Topics
- Effects of mental training during preparation of tennis players for competition.
- Criteria for selecting promising tennis players among adolescents.
- Peculiarities of tennis training program for 5-6 year old children.
- The relation of personal traits of a tennis player to individual sports style.
- Management of competitive pressures among professional tennis players.
- Treatment of common tennis injuries with elastic therapeutic tape.
- Process and types of evaluation of preparedness for competition among young tennis players.
- The influence of tennis lessons on the development of students’ memory.
- Ways of increasing the speed of reaction for tennis players.
- The use of a special tennis training program for development of endurance.
Soccer Research Paper Topics
- The structure of the attacking actions of soccer players.
- Psychological approaches and techniques in the training of young soccer players.
- The increase of injuries during a soccer match compared to ordinary training.
- Relation of menstrual disorder to regular soccer training among girls.
- Peculiarities of technical training programs for female soccer players.
- The affect of bad teeth on performance quality of a professional soccer player.
- The differences and similarities between female and male soccer.
- Use of jumping exercises in training goalkeepers in soccer.
- The most common injuries among soccer players, and their prevention and treatment.
- History of soccer development in China and its perspectives.
Cricket Research Paper Topics
- Avoiding traumas of the teeth during cricket.
- Statistics of eye injuries and its prevention during cricket training and matches.
- Peculiarities of medical epicondylite among cricket players and treatment management.
- Relation of cricket injuries to commotio cordis.
- History of cricket: Review of English sports periodicals of the 18th and 19th centuries.
- The use of the Hawk-Eye complex in cricket matches.
- Influence of cricket in the creation of softball sports.
- Imran Khan as representative of the professional cricket player.
- Types of matches in cricket. Difference between Test and limited-overs games.
- Analysis of cricket techniques and tactics depending on the player.
You can also find a bunch of other research paper topics within various disciplines and areas of studies.