Fitness personality Richard Simmons once said in an interview with Men’s Health Magazine, “You can’t buy it, you can’t rent it. You have to earn it. My formula has always been love yourself, move your body, watch your portions.” Leading a healthy lifestyle sounds easy enough, right? Could be, but there are a lot of obstacles trying to divert our attention from eating healthy, making healthy choices, and exercising. Fortunately, when you’re in the healthcare field, you may see the result of making unhealthy decisions, and it can help you lead a better life that is more fulfilling when you make the right choices. Here are 21 healthy lifestyle quotes to help inspire you to kick-start your healthy lifestyle or make you appreciate your good health:
- “The greatest wealth is health.” – Virgil
- “The power of love to change bodies is legendary, built into folklore, common sense, and everyday experience. Love moves the flesh, it pushes matter around. Throughout history, ‘tender loving care’ has uniformly been recognized as a valuable element in healing.” – Larry Dossey
- “He who takes medicine and neglects to diet wastes the skill of his doctors.” – Chinese Proverb
- “If you have health, you probably will be happy, and if you have health and happiness, you have the wealth you need, even if it is not all you want.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor’s book.” – Irish Proverb
- “Health is a state of complete harmony of the body, mind and spirit. When one is free from physical disabilities and mental distractions, the gates of the soul open.” – B.K.S. Iyengar
- “Happiness lies, first of all, in health.” – George William Curtis, author of Lotus-Eating
- “To keep the body in good health is a duty, otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.” – Buddha
- “A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world.” – Paul Dudley White (1886-1973)
- “Health and intellect are the two blessings of life.” – Menander (ca. 342-291 BC)
- “Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it.” – Plato
- “To insure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life.” – William Londen
- “There are lots of people in this world who spend so much time watching their health that they haven’t the time to enjoy it.” – Josh Billings
- “The human body has been designed to resist an infinite number of changes and attacks brought about by its environment. The secret of good health lies in successful adjustment to changing stresses on the body.” – Harry J. Johnson
- “The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not to anticipate troubles, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly.” – Siddartha Guatama Buddha
- “Men worry over the great number of diseases, while doctors worry over the scarcity of effective remedies.” – Pien Ch’iao
- “Prevention is better than cure.” – Desiderius Erasmus
- “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” – Jim Rohn
- “People who laugh actually live longer than those who don’t laugh. Few persons realize that health actually varies according to the amount of laughter.” – James J. Walsh
- “The reason I exercise is for the quality of life I enjoy.” – Kenneth H. Cooper
- “The groundwork for all happiness is good health.” – Leigh Hunt
If these healthy lifestyle quotes have inspired you to live or maintain a healthier life, and you want to make a positive impact on other peoples’ lives, Rasmussen College has several programs in the School of Health Sciences that can help you to do just that. Download our Healthcare Career Guide for more information on which opportunity would be the best fit for you.
‘Health is Wealth’ is a famous saying that refers to the importance of health to us and reveals that health is wealth. If we are not healthy (do not feel in the state of physical, mental and social well being), wealth means nothing to us. So, our health is a real wealth; we should always try to be healthy.
Essay on Health is Wealth
There is a very common and true saying that Health is Wealth. We should always keep in mind that wealth is wealth however health is the greatest wealth in this world. We should also motivate our kids and children to know something about this common saying using such as simple and easy essay on Health is Wealth. You can make your kids aware about their health using such simply worded Health is Wealth essay.
Health is Wealth Essay 1 (100 words)
It is very true that Health is Wealth. As, it is only our good health which stay with us in any bad or good circumstances. Nobody in this world can help us in bad times. So, if our health is good, we can bear any bad circumstances in our life. If one is not healthy, he/she would definitely suffer health related or other difficulties in life instead of enjoying the life. In order to maintain a good health we need to eat balanced food, daily mild exercises, fresh air, clean water, maintain good posture, enough sleep and rest, maintain cleanliness, regular medical check-ups, follow our elders, parents, and teachers etc.
Health is Wealth Essay 2 (150 words)
The common saying Health is Wealth fits to everyone’s life. Good health is the real wealth means money which has capability to help us always. Good health is most important part of our life without which we are incomplete and living unhealthy life. Good health is really better than wealth and other things in this whole world.
For getting fit we need to maintain standard and healthy eating. We should follow the regime like “Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy wealthy and wise”, “Time and Tide waits for none”, etc. We should brush our teeth daily two times a day to keep our mouth clean and free of diseases. We should clean our hand with soap and water every time before eating food. We should maintain our good personal hygiene in order to get healthy. We should daily take bath with fresh water and go for morning walk to have some fresh air.
Health is Wealth Essay 3 (200 words)
As we all know about the popular and common saying that “Health is Wealth”. It is as true as our life. Good health keeps us always happy and gives us feeling of complete physical, mental, social and intellectual well-being. A good health keeps us away from the diseases and health disorders. The loss of good health causes loss of all the happiness. A great freedom fighter, Mahatma Gandhi (also called Bapu) has said that “It is health which is real wealth, and not pieces of gold and silver”.
A good health helps us to life a good, balanced and healthy life. Our good health needs several things to get done on daily basis. We need fresh air, clean water, proper sunlight, balanced diet, away from junk food, clean and healthy atmosphere, greenery environment, morning walk, personal hygiene, proper education, etc.
Healthy food at proper time is very necessary for the healthy body which is possible only through the well balanced diet. It promotes the proper growth and development of our body which keeps us mentally, physically and socially healthy. With the help of our good health we can fight any bad situations in the life. We should always remember that we need proper food, water, air, physical activity, sleep and rest on daily basis.
Health is Wealth Essay 4 (250 words)
The meaning of most common saying “health is wealth” is very simple and easy. It means our good health is the real wealth of our life which gives us good physique and mind and enables us to enjoy whole life by managing its all challenges. Good health promotes a good mental, physical and social health. I completely agree with this saying that health is actually a true wealth as it helps us at all. A good health keeps us away from the metal and physical disabilities as well as other medical conditions including cancer, diabetes, heart disease, fatal diseases, etc.
A physically or internally unfit person has to face lot of challenges in the whole life even she/he has to be depend on someone else for performing daily basic needs. This situation is quite embarrassing for one who faces it. So, it is good at all to maintain a good health forever to be happy forever without anyone’s help. It is true that to maintain a good health we need money and to earn money we need good health. But it is also true that without money we can live life and without a good health we cannot live life happily. Because our good health helps us all the time and encourages us to do something better in our life, instead of earning money only.
In such a busy life and polluted environment, it is very hard for everyone to maintain a good health and live healthy life. It needs a careful watch and regular medical check-up to get healthy.
Health is Wealth Essay 5 (300 words)
Now-a-days, a good health is just like a boon given by the God. It is very fact that good health is real money of life. Good health is considered as the precious earning of a human throughout his/her life. If one has losses his health, he has lost all the charms of life. A good wealth can be earned anytime using a good health however; a good health can never be earned again in the life if once destroyed. In order to maintain a good health we need to do regular physical exercises, yoga, meditation, balanced food, good thoughts, cleanliness, personal hygiene, regular health check-ups, proper sleep, rest, etc. If one is healthy, he/she does not need spend money on his/her health in buying medicines or visiting doctors. A healthy person just needs to spend some money only on his health on regular basis. However, on the other hand a lazy, diseased or sluggish person needs to spend more money throughout his life.
People generally become fail in their life to maintain a good health just because of their lazy and idle habits. They think that what they are doing is right but time has already gone whenever they understand their mistakes. A good health is one which keeps us healthy in all aspects like mentally, physically, socially and intellectually. A good health provides us freedom from all the sickness and diseases. A good health is the feeling of mental, physical and social well being. It is a costly and most precious gift of the life and necessary for living a purposeful life.
A good health allows us to work for more time without getting tired. A good health is the real pleasures and charm of life. An unhealthy person always worries about his/her physical or physiological complications. So, it is good to maintain the good health to get rid of all the complications of body as well as successfully face all the challenges of life.
Health is Wealth Essay 6 (400 words)
As we all live in super-fast, crowded and busy time period. We have to perform multiple tasks throughout the day in order to earn more money however we forget that good health is as necessary for our healthy life as air and water for the body. We forget to take proper food in timely manner, daily exercises, proper rest, etc to just earn some false wealth. We should never forget that our health is a real wealth of the life. It is true for all that Health is Wealth.
A good health reduces the stress level and promotes healthy life without any sufferings. We should always be aware of our health and go for regular health check-up. We should eat balanced food having fresh fruits, salad, green leafy vegetables, milk, egg, dahi, etc in timely manner in order to maintain the good health. A good health also need some daily physical activities, proper rest and sleep, cleanliness, healthy environment, fresh air and water, personal hygiene, etc. In order to reduce our rush between hospital and home, maintain a good health is better idea. Maintaining a good health is a good habit which should be practiced from childhood with the help of parents.
In earlier days, life was not so hectic. It was quite simple and free of too many challenges with healthy environment in comparison to these days. People were healthy as they had to perform all the daily routine activities by their own hand and body. But now, life in the technological world has become easy and comfortable but hectic because of the competitions. Now-a-days, easy life is not possible as everyone wants to earn more money to get better life than others. Now-a-days, living life has become costly and tough as well as unhealthy as everything like air, water, environment, food, etc has become contaminated, infected and polluted.
People have to work for at least 9 to 10 hours in the offices by just sitting on the chair without any physical movement. They come to home in the late evening or night and become too tired to perform any household work or exercise. Again in the morning they get up late from bed and do some necessary works like bath, brush, breakfast, etc and go to their office. In this way, they live their daily routine only to earn money and not their life for themselves. It is very necessary to earn money for fulfilling some basic needs however, it is also necessary to live a healthy and peaceful life which needs a good health.
More on Health is Wealth:
Paragraph on Health is Wealth
Health is Wealth Quotes
Health is Wealth Speech
Speech on Health
World Health Day