7 Useful Pointers For Writing An Essay About Addiction To Technology
Addiction to technology is a real problem of the humanity. People have become too strongly dependent on everything that makes their lives easier and more comfortable. Being able to observe all this with your own eyes, you can easily compose a brilliant essay, especially if you keep in mind several very useful pointers that will be listed below.
The Help That You Can Have
Before you start thinking about the essay, you need to remember that in case the assignment is too tough for you, you can try searching for assistance in the following sources:
- Turn to your teacher for additional explanations. It works when you have no idea what your topic means, how the essay should be organized, and whether you can change the topic if you want.
- Turn to the Internet for free or paid templates of essays. It works if you don’t want anybody to know that you have problems with your essay. Templates can help you a lot.
- Turn to professional writers. You will surely find professional assistance here if you are off track with your essay and cannot handle the task on your own. Such services are usually paid.
The Seven Winning Pointers
Now, to reach success with your essay, you need to keep in mind the following:
- Choose an interesting topic. At best, it’s the topic that makes you feel inspired and excited. If you are not interested in it, your readers will hardly be interested in the content of your essay.
- Find enough reference materials. Any point of view that you express should be supported with facts. Facts that are taken from a reliable source are the best support for a successful essay.
- Consider the language. Always remember about the audience that is going to read your project. Make sure that the language is clear and correct enough.
- Start writing from the body. This is a tip that will allow you to compose a smart introduction with properly stated goals at the moment you already have the results of your research.
- Compose a catchy introduction with a nice thesis statement. An attractive intro is a thing that makes your readers read on. Make it short, catchy, and interesting. Let your thesis statement have a hook that will keep your readers interested.
- Compose smart conclusions. Paraphrase the goals and show your readers how excellently you can achieve the planned results.
- Have the essay read by somebody else. Such a trick helps effectively find all the typos, mistakes, unclear or useless places, etc.
Previously in my dissertation I have discussed the prevalence of technology addiction and have pointed out reasons why it may exist as a phenomenon. I have also examined the reasons why and how a person may become addicted to technology. In this section of my dissertation, I discuss addiction on its own merits and why people may be drawn to addiction when there is no chemical stimulation.
Many people are aware of chemical dependency, and it is often referred to as an addiction. People become addicted to chemicals that release endorphins in the brain. This may through legal methods such a with prescription drugs, with nicotine, caffeine and alcohol, and may also be through illegal methods such as with illegal drug use. These are more widely understood because they involve a chemical addiction. What is harder to understand is addiction when there is no chemical stimulation.
Things such as gambling and technology addiction are still addictions. Some lump sex addiction in with these too however, there is a form of chemical addiction that may be present during sex.
There are forms of addiction such as gambling and technology addiction that are still addictions even though there is no chemical stimulation. There are even recorded cases of people having addictions to TV shows such as Star Trek, where they physically encounter uncomfortable and life-threatening withdrawal symptoms.
The reasons behind addictions that lack chemical input may be associated with feelings of helplessness. People are able to switch from non-chemical based addictions to chemical-based addictions and back again without any problems, and in almost all cases it is due to a feeling of helplessness within the individual.
These types of person may, rightly or wrongly, be labeled as people with an addictive personality. Yet, in almost all cases, their addictions are based on misdirected feelings of helplessness. A person that usually feels helpless may react to it in a healthy way even if that reaction is to ignore the problem. People with addictions are often determined to do something about their feelings of helplessness, but in their mind, they resort to addiction because they think it makes them feel better.
This also explains why people with addiction may suddenly give up for no reason, such as the many people that returned from the Vietnam war back to America after being very addicted to heroin in Vietnam. They were able to return home and re-take control of their lives, which is why they could quit heroin very easily. People that re-take control of their lives are often able to break from addiction, but sadly there are many addictions that make a person’s life worse, which makes it all the harder for them to regain control of their lives.
People with technology addictions may be reacting to feelings of helplessness, but instead of dealing with these feelings in the correct way, they instead immerse themselves in their technology. It is a distraction from their real life and so provides temporary relief from their feelings of helplessness. This means that some people that have a technology addiction may be cured with therapy. This therapy may help them overcome their feelings of helplessness, or may help them deal with their feelings of helplessness without resorting to technological stimulation.